For a business
- You sign up and enter your business details
- You will be assigned a unique QR code
- You print the QR code and place it at the entry to your business
- The customer scans the QR code and fills in their details
- The customer is given a small, but unique, code which they must use when ordering so you know they’ve filled in their details
We will track this customer for 21 days so you don’t have to.
If the customer comes back to your business, all they need to do is scan the QR code again and “Check in” to your business, they don’t need to fill any more forms out as we already have their records saved securely.
All customer information is encrypted so you know it’s safely stored with us.
For a customer
- When entering an establishment with the Quick Trace solution, you scan a QR code which will take you through to the business on our application so you can fill in your details. If you’ve already registered with another business that uses the Quick Trace solution then you simply need to “Check in” to record you’ve been there
- We ask for basic information that can be used for tracking but we must insist that this information is filled in correctly in case we need to contact you. All the information you enter is encrypted and can only be read by a business if you report that you have symptoms of Covid-19 or have come into contact with someone who is suspected of having Covid-19
- You will be given a small, but unique, code for that business and you must use it when ordering so the business knows you’ve filled out your details
Reporting a possible Covid-19 case
In the unfortunate event that the customer comes into contact with someone who has Covid-19 or they are diagnosed or have suspected Codid-19 then they must use the Quick Trace website to report a new case. This will alert all the businesses that the customer has visited in the past 21 days of the possible infection then the business can take measures to inform all customers who have come into contact with that customer.